Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas

Let me start by saying Christmas away sucks! Not being at home and around family is a terrible thing. I know I am missed but I must just say how much I missed everyone. Christmas is not Christmas without the people you love and I feel I have missed Christmas being away from all of you. I miss you more than you can know but I am enjoying my experience and I know that you will be there when I get home and that is what keeps me going when I am sad and missing home. Thank you for your support and love. I would not be here without it.

On a happier note, I made myself a Christmas tree out of a coat rack, lights and some donated ornaments (Thank you Auntie Jan and Uncle Benny!). Here are some picture of it decorated and with the wrapped gifts my parents (Thank you!!) sent me.






All I can say is Thank You! It means more than you know.
So for Christmas Day and dinner I went to Hanzhong to be with some of the other teachers. Obviously we have been gone too long because we can no longer spell!


We had decorations!!


For Dinner we ate the only non-Chinese food we could find. KFC chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and home made gravy.




It was better than what I thought it would be. After dinner we sat around and got drunk.



After drinking for a bit we went to the bar which was having a little show for Christmas. This is a picture of two Chinese dancers and the two Russians that dance at the bar we always go to in Hanzhong. The Russians can't dance and don't speak English or Chinese but they are funny to watch.


Overall, it never felt like Christmas. We ate, we drank, we occupied our time, but it was not the same. It was enough to keep us sane but nothing is the same as being home. I love you all and look forward to celebrating with you again.

1 comment:

P Kennedy said...

I'm sure this made your Mom cry, I know she felt the same way with you gone. I did recognize the red wrapping paper, it came from Target clearance several years ago lol. Pat